Forum Discussion

Stacim
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

start test complete in the 32 bit version

I can't make a data loop with excel because it tells me that I need the 64 bit dll and my MS Office is 32 but and I can't upgrade.  It recommends that I try test complete in 32 bit.  Do I have to completely uninstall and reinstall to make this work? 

• The 32-bit version is installed automatically with the 64-bit version.  The paths are as follows:

32-bit version:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete\Bin\TestComplete.exe

64-bit version:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete\x64\bin\TestComplete.exe

Simply point your shortcuts and such to the version you want.

That said, you don't have to fully upgrade your MS Office to make use of the 64-bit version.  There's a redistributable download that you can install to have access for 64-bit processing.  You can get it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The 32-bit version is installed automatically with the 64-bit version.  The paths are as follows:

32-bit version:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete\Bin\TestComplete.exe

64-bit version:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete\x64\bin\TestComplete.exe

Simply point your shortcuts and such to the version you want.

That said, you don't have to fully upgrade your MS Office to make use of the 64-bit version.  There's a redistributable download that you can install to have access for 64-bit processing.  You can get it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Stacim
      New Contributor

Thanks that worked. I did see the instructions to upgrade to the 64 bit processing but I'm unable to do that at this time. I'm able to point and run it at 32 bit. 

TimoF
    Occasional Contributor

To the information 

"That said, you don't have to fully upgrade your MS Office to make use of the 64-bit version.  There's a redistributable download that you can install to have access for 64-bit processing.  "

I can't install the driver because of the 32bit Office installation. The driver installation says that the 64bit driver can only be installed if all 32bit Office products are deinstalled.

So I'm not able to use the 64bit installation.