Forum Discussion

bombsy
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

software tool validation for Medical Devices

Hello All,

I need to do TC software tool validation for the Medical Devices with the FDA/MRD standards [following regulation of: 21 CFR 820.70(i)] - looking for the example from someone who has done something similar or can share some opinions.

Thanks in advance and have a good day 🙂

Cheers, Bombsy.

• Hi Bombsy,

> Ill get back to you soon.

Don't get me wrong please, but I am afraid that I will not be able to be of much help here. Instead, I would recommend to contact Sales or Support via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form and hopefully guys will provide you with more relevant info.

4 Replies

bombsy
      New Contributor

Hello Alex,

Thank you for yuor quick replay - let me get familiar with this and Ill get back to you soon.

Have a good day,

Bombsy.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Bombsy,

> Ill get back to you soon.

Don't get me wrong please, but I am afraid that I will not be able to be of much help here. Instead, I would recommend to contact Sales or Support via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form and hopefully guys will provide you with more relevant info.

• Hi Bombsy....

What is not clear in your question is what you want to validate under the FDA regulations... Is it an an imbedded software on a medical device the medical device itself or the testing tool itself ?  Is it relevant to HIPPA regulations ? The tool is just a tool... How you build the automation depends  on you target... if there are confidentiality aspects, it's a matter of framework, the tool itself is irrelevant...  

Please clarify the purpose and what you are looking for... The tool itself will not test a device against FDA regulations... it<s the testcase you build that will do such thing...