Forum Discussion

alex_sagmeister
New Contributor
7 years ago

slow playback speed

Hi,

since we are using windows 10 the playback of our projects is very slow, for example: a test in window 7 took 4 minutes, now in windows 10 it takes 6 minutes.

We are using Testcomplete/Testexecute 12.31.

Any idea why testing takes so long since we are using win10?

thanks

Alex

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

OK... off topic... but I do find it funny that we've come so far in our modern age that "2 minutes longer" translates into "very slow".  Considering that many test cases, if they were run manually instead of automated may take 20-30 minutes to execute once all the "paperwork" is done.  Just find it a bit humorous.

That said... This is something that has been mentioned several times on these forums.  Some things to try:

1) Under Tools | Options | Engines | NameMapping, uncheck the option that says "Search for visible objects first".

2) Under Tools | Options | General, there is a section about Windows Store Applications with a single checkbox. Uncheck that item, restart TestComplete, and try again.

These are two things that I know of that might correct your problem.  If not, this might be something to address with support directly.  https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

alex_sagmeister
      New Contributor

We are abusing Testexecute for End-to-End Application Monitoring so "2 minutes longer" is very much for little test cases.

Unfortunately the playback speed has not increased with these settings

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

At this point, I'd suggest you contact support directly.  You will not be the first person to report this problem so, perhaps, there exists a solution already.