Forum Discussion

sastowe
Super Contributor
13 years ago

slow execution while waiting for present objects

Observe this segment:

.ToolBar("Default").Button("Save").Click

set frmSave = Sys.Process("App").WaitWindow("#32770", "Select a location to Save", -1, 10000)

frmSave.Window("SHELLDLL_DefView").Window("SysListView32", "FolderView").DblClickItem OUTPUT_FOLDER, 0

frmSave.Window("ComboBoxEx32", "", 1).Window("ComboBox", "", 1).Window("Edit", "", 1).wText = asConfigs(i)

frmSave.Window("Button", "&Save", -2).Click

Set frmSave is waiting for a windows common save dialog. The wait continues waiting LONG after the window is presented. Once that form is presented, I can see all of the other objects on it. But in each case, one or more of the window objects on the form is waited for for a very long (20+ seconds) before TC finds it.

This is making for really slow operation of my tests since this segment is called a BUNCH.

Anyone know if/how I can speed recognition of these objects? Thanks

S

7 Replies

• Hi,

I can see the -1 value in a statement, can you remove it and execute the script or use wait property technique.
    sastowe
    Super Contributor
    The wait methods do not improve the performance at all. I will try using the specific index value.
    sastowe
    Super Contributor
    This line here

set frmSave = Sys.Process("App").WaitWindow("#32770", "Select a location to Save", 1, 10000)

Is still sometimes take a really long time to find the window, even though I can SEE the window on the screen. Is there any way to speed recognition of this object? Thanks

S
    sastowe
    Super Contributor
    What version of test Complete was OpenFile method introduced? Thanks

S