Forum Discussion

rjqajob
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

refresh page

When I execute my script in TestComplete6, it opens the application and clicks one of the links on home page and display the following error "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". In order to continue my script execution successfully, I need to press F5 key manually on key board for page refresh. Can any body suggest how to solve this issue with out manual interference.

5 Replies

• Hi,

Place the code below after the line where the click is performed:

//JScript

var AW = Sys.Desktop.ActiveWindow();

AW.Page("*").Keys("[F5]");

rjqajob
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

Thank you.I am using VBscript.Please can you send me VBScript code for page refresh.
  • Hi,

Here is the VBScript code:

' VBScript

Dim AW

Set AW = Sys.Desktop.ActiveWindow()

Call AW.Page("*").Keys("[F5]")

rjqajob
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

Still I have problem in refreshing page.Please see the script beolw.

Sub QC_Links

Call QC_Initialize

Call Close_IE

Dim p1

Dim w1

Dim AW

TestedApps.iexplore.Run

Set p1 = Sys.Process("iexplore")

p1.Page("https://localhost/easylink/").Panel("pagewidth").Table(0).Cell(2, 0).Panel("content").Panel("contentContainer").Panel(0).Table(0).Cell(1, 1).Link(0).Click

Set w1 = p1.Page("https://localhost/LabManager/EasyQC/views/period/ControlDashboard.faces?auth=Y")

Set AW = Sys.Desktop.ActiveWindow()

Call AW.Page("*").Keys("[F5]")

Call w1.Panel("container").Panel(0).Table("middle").Cell(0, 1).Panel(0).Panel(0).Panel("dashboardLinksContainer").Link(2).Panel(0).TextNode(1).Click(233, 33)

w1.Panel("container").Panel(0).Table("middle").Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Link(3).Click

w1.Panel("container").Panel(0).Table("middle").Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Link(4).Click

w1.Panel("container").Panel(0).Table("middle").Cell(0, 0).Panel(0).Link(5).Click

Call Close_IE

End Sub

• Hi,

It is a bit strange as your code works fine for me. Nevertheless, I can suggest that you call the native Refresh method of the page object: