Forum Discussion

william_roe
Super Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

_new_new_new

Has anyone seen this before? I did not explicitly create the duplicate _new aliases. There has been times when when mapping a new object I'm prompted to remap parent objects. Could this create these?

_new.JPG

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Haven't seen this*), but considering that TestComplete creates both namemapping and alias entities when mapping the new object, I think that this was the case.

*) 'Haven't seen this' means that I always investigate why the parent object cannot be found when TestComplete suggests to re-map something and correct the problem so that the initial object can be found. But I seem to remember from the name-maps created by others that the _new suffix is added to the mapped name and the alias when the new mapped name coinsides with the already existing one.

william_roe
      Super Contributor

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm going to make sure all tests are running properly and then remove the _new in the Alias browser and re-run. Our current tests take 1-1/2 hours so this could be an all day proposition to run multiple times and re-map (if necessary).