Forum Discussion

kathir_43
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

message in execution log on Testcomplete

I have handled the object not present in the web application using event handlers. Now i want to read the message that TestComplete generates when the object is not present, in my scripts and write t...
    3 years ago

Hi Kathir_43.

I am not sure what language you are using, but using error handling like a try catch statement can trap the error and allow you to get the message and description of internal or custom errors as when they occur. Once you have the string variables you can write them to your file, something like below.  This shows it running in debug mode, so you can see the internal error message and description. 

Now, the generate Log files (report/error) are xml, so you could navigate to the Error Log using the associated GUID’s. The problem is, as far as I can tell, the error message during runtime doesn’t return a corresponding message Id, so it would be hard to find the exact message. 

You can see the generated message in the image below.  The message is identified as “message 0” with an id of 0. The next one would be “message 1” with an id of 1…