Forum Discussion

KJ
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

.js file

Can I launch a .js file from within a Test Complete test?  If so, what are the best practices and common mistakes that occur when trying to do this?

Thank you.

• In addition, if yu want to play a plain .js file to execute something, you can call ms script runner (cscript.exe or wscript.exe) by command line.

Or you can register in TestedApps cscript.exe/wscript.exe and call it directly without the command line.

The command line version allows you to eventually read the console output of your .js execution.

5 Replies

tphillips
    Frequent Contributor

TestComplete supports test scripting, and it supports javascript as its test scripts.

From a keyword test you can use the Run Script Routine operation to run a script function.

What are you wanting to achieve in running this .js script?

ApplePen
    Community Leader

1.The js script that you mentioned is done by TestComplete? 

2.Or you want to run the script out of TestComplete?

If it is 1 , please do it as tphillips said.

if it is 2, I haven't any experience. But as I know, you can run js code in TestComplete during testing web.

Like 'pageObj.contentDocument.Script.eval("history.back()");'

Please check the link Run JavaScript on Web Page  in detail.

BenoitB
    Community Hero

In addition, if yu want to play a plain .js file to execute something, you can call ms script runner (cscript.exe or wscript.exe) by command line.

Or you can register in TestedApps cscript.exe/wscript.exe and call it directly without the command line.

The command line version allows you to eventually read the console output of your .js execution.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks everyone for such great help!

KJ Which advice did you end up using? Please mark the best reply as a Solution!

SangeetNenwani
      Contributor

hello BenoitB ,
      I am working on a task, in which I have to open and search and verify data in .js file, 
      Is there given methods for it? I searched but i couldn't find, or do I have to deal it as a text file?