Forum Discussion

jaspreet2
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

ios system permission alert view not showing up, how to access it through script

while creating keyword test for my ios app i am unable to access the system permission alert view during my recording.

I even tried to access it in Object Browser but was unable to find the object for the system permission alert view.

please help

2 Replies

• For my experience automating our app, as soon as we step out of the app, TestComplete becomes blind. Under Android, TC is blind but can still interact with the device.  Under iOS, TC does become blind, but also the device no longer exists!

Our app will trigger the OS prompt to access the Photo and the GPS, also we have some hyperlinks that will open with the browser. 

To manage these situations, we had to: 

iOS: prompt the user to do Something on the device (respond to the prompt, validate the page and come back to the app) and the click ok in TestComplete to resume the test.

Android: We did use the simulation of the "physical back button" like for an hyperlink taking you out of the app.  For given devices, we hardcoded coordinates of what to touch.

In both iOS and Android, I use "prompt user" to put a valid "fingerprint" to login using "TouchID".

At least my tests always do the same thing in the same order.  We also try to group those "interactive" tests.