Forum Discussion

hiepwork08
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

image checkpoint for collapsing menu

Hi,

I am wanting to create a checkpoint, whereby the dialog to check is a dropdown menu.

I have successfully created the checkpoint using the Point and press the shortcut (Shift + Ctrl + A) method to capture the correct image that I wish to check. However, upon replay, TestComplete fails to locate that image, this image is a drop down menu which requires a mouse click to open. Does the Point and press the shortcut (Shift + Ctrl + A) method on replay need to be told how to open the image, if so how do I specify this.

Cheers.

hiepwork08
    4 years ago

Further to this.

problem solved.

The steps to make it work are:

1. during recording, click to open the drop down menu, then use the "Point and press the shortcut (Shift + Ctrl + A)" checkpoint to get to/open the drop down menu.

Cheers.

4 Replies

BenoitB
    Community Hero

A checkpoint is a check point, not a player of actions. It checks for a state/value of something.

If you want to check for your dropdown menu you can :

- check the class of the element, allow to check without clicking, but this method is close on underlying dev  and not focus on ihm so if the tested object is under development, it's risky.

- do the click action before the check.

Web or not web ? Keyword or scripting ?

hiepwork08
      Contributor

Hey,

It's a Keyword test for a GUI based application.

Maybe I am failing to understand the aim purpose of the "Point and press the shortcut (Shift + Ctrl + A)" checkpoint. During recording I perform all the necessary actions to get to/open the menu I want to make the comparison, I then press the Shift + Ctrl + A to indicate it is that particular menu. I was expecting TestComplete during replay to repeat those actions and get to the menu to make the comparison.

Isn't that the main point of the "Point and press the shortcut (Shift + Ctrl + A)" functionality?

The "Select window region" checkpoint couldn't be used in this case because the dropdown menu collapses when the user clicks away from the GUI.

What are the main use case difference(s) between the two checkpoints?

Cheers.

hiepwork08
        Contributor

Further to this.

problem solved.

The steps to make it work are:

1. during recording, click to open the drop down menu, then use the "Point and press the shortcut (Shift + Ctrl + A)" checkpoint to get to/open the drop down menu.

Cheers.