Forum Discussion

dhundley
Regular Contributor
3 years ago

dropdown selection/click not working in playback as when recorded

on a particular screen of my desktop application i recorded a click event on a combobox arrow that opens it up revealing the available selections. since the one I want to select is just one up from the currently selected entry, i have to click on the scroll up arrow so that what i want to select is visible and then i click on it and click a save button at the bottom (along with a confirmation ok button on a popup window). during playback, the click event opens up the combobox and the scroll arrow click reveals the selection but the click on the selection does not work and i'm left with the same selection as it was before. any ideas why this might not be working as it was recorded?

8 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Let's see the code that was generated from the recording please.  I'm going to guess it's using coordinates on the drop down and not object properties.

dhundley
      Regular Contributor

how exactly do i provide you with the code to examine?

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

dhundley wrote:

how exactly do i provide you with the code to examine?

Screenshots work too.  🙂

dhundley
    Regular Contributor

i think i figured out how to show you the code. i created an empty test1 keyword test then copied pasted the drop down statements causing the issue from the actual keyword script to the test1 keyword test  and then converted the test1 keyword test to a script. here is the script code

function Test1()
    {
    //Clicks the 'ucboCurrentBranch' object.
    Aliases.NuPoint.frmContainer.MdiClient.frmTellerContainer.pnlMain.utcTeller.UltraTabPageControl5.ctlWorkstationSettings.Panel1.pnlSettings.tlpSettings.uegbBranch.UltraExpandableGroupBoxPanel3.ucboCurrentBranch.Click(245, 10);
    //Clicks the 'ValueListDropDown' object.
    Aliases.NuPoint.DropDownForm.ValueListDropDown.Click(244, 6);
    OCR.Recognize(Aliases.NuPoint.DropDownForm.ValueListDropDown).BlockByText("Avenue").Click();
    //Clicks the 'ubtnSave' object.
    Aliases.NuPoint.frmContainer.MdiClient.frmTellerContainer.pnlMain.utcTeller.UltraTabPageControl5.ctlWorkstationSettings.ugbButtons.pnlButtons.ubtnSave.Click(30, 14);
    //Clicks the 'btnOK' button.
    Aliases.NuPoint.dlgCSINuPoint.btnOK.ClickButton();
    }

the click with the 245,10 coordinates is the click on the combobox dropdown arrow to open up and reveal the available selections

the click with the 244,6 coordinates is the single click of the scroll up arrow

the OCR click is where i'm trying to select the entry that contains the word "Avenue" but when the combobox closes up it remains the same entry as before.