Forum Discussion

pratik1
New Contributor
9 years ago

desktop app. page become unresponsive while using object spy

Hi,

I am using testcomplete 9 and my issue is that when i click on object spy or recording with script option to do spying or scripting for testing different links of desktop page, the page become unresponsive and everything getting hanged then i have to open task manager and close the destop module which become unresponsive.

when i tried opening desktop application manually then it is working fine. but as soon as i click on object spy and drand the circle to desired link, it donot show any red box and the whole process get hanged that time.

same thing happening with recording for scipts also.when i click this tab and its starts recording then i move to desktop application and click on desired link then also page become unresponsive. and if i close the application using task manager then object spy or recording stores the value related to closing of application using task manager.

kindly look into this. is there any settings i need to modify so that object spy will work for desktop module. i am using windows server 2013 r2 (vpn). 

kindly suggest ASAP.

Thanks

kumar pratik

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kumar,

First of all, please make sure that you don’t use * in MSAA and UI Automation options in TestComplete project settings. If this doesn’t help, let us know more information about the issue by answering the following questions:

1. Can you reproduce the issue only with your test application? If you work with another application, for example Notepad, will TestComplete hangs?
    2. Can you reproduce the issue with the newly created TestComplete project?
    3. What kind of application are you testing (.NET, VCL, C++, etc.)?

pratik1
    New Contributor

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for looking into my issue. I am sure that  i am not using * in MSAA and UI Automation options in TestComplete project settings.

i am working on .NET VB window application. Object spy is working fine with login to that application.after Login also the first page is recognised by object spy as red box appears. but when i move to next page by clicking on any link present on first page which leads to any model popup or window. then if i try to use object spy there on new page and try to drag the pointer to particular link then the application shows not responding in task manager and everything is getting hangged. and when i close the application in task manager then everything become fine and then test complete also start working fine.

i tried with MS excel sheet ,there object spy is working . 

Regards

Kumar Pratik