Ask a Question

can we test a desktop application in background using Jenkins

guna
New Contributor

can we test a desktop application in background using Jenkins

Hi,

I want to run desktop applications in background using jenkins jobs, so when i am trying  to run the jenkins jobs, it is always opening the new sessions for Testcomplete and for the tested desktop applications. But i want to run the Testcomplete and desktop applications in background. How can i achieve this?.Both the jenkins ,Desktop application and Test complete is there in remote desktop.

i scheduled some jobs for particular time to run the jenkins jobs  and i didn't  connecting to the Remote desktop.The jobs are failing and shows the error like 

The operation cannot be performed, because the user session is disconnected
3 REPLIES 3
8Kit
Frequent Contributor

Have you followed the TestComplete guide [here] or the Jenkins reference below?

To run your TestComplete tests as part of a Jenkins job:

1) Add the TestComplete Test step to your Jenkins job.
2) Configure the step:
  - Select the test runner: TestComplete or TestExecute.
  - Specify the TestComplete project suite file and select tests to be run.
  - Important: Select the Run interactive user session check box, if needed (see below), and specify additional parameters for the run.

3) Run the build as you normally would. 
[Jenkins reference]

guna
New Contributor

Hi,

I am able to run the jobs. But i want to execute the jenkin jobs in background i.e without opening the test complete user session on UI. I want to run the entire things in background without opening the user session in system

8Kit
Frequent Contributor

Gottcha. You can use TestExecute command line to run your tests instead of TC - [reference1] and [reference2]

You can also change your project's Playback setting in TestComplete to minimize TC at runtime - [reference]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: