Forum Discussion

dhundley
Regular Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

auto-wait timeout for WaitProperty operation versus WaitWinFormObject operation

Could someone explain why the WaitProperty operation appears to wait the entire amount of the Auto-wait timeout period even though the specified property its waiting on already equals the specified value way before the timeout period has elapsed, whereas the WaitWinFormObject operation will stop waiting as soon as the object is accessible. in the screenshots attached you can see that I've specified a 30,000ms auto-wait timeout period for both operations. The WaitWinFormObject never reaches the 30 second limit but the WaitProperty will wait 30 seconds no matter if the needed property is already the correct value at the start of the wait, 5 seconds, 10 seconds into the wait. etc. The click event that follows has to wait until the property value is correct and it is always correct in less that 30 seconds but i don't want my test sitting idle for the whole time out if it is already correct after two or three or even zero seconds. Why doesn't this wait operation behave like the WaitWinForm object?

• After posting the image you requested and doing a little bit more research, I determined that the property I was checking was, in fact, not the correct property to be checking. instead of WPFControlName, I should have been checking the value of WPFControlText. The WaitProperty Operation still seems to take way longer than it should, however, as the message in the upper right corner of TestComplete states "Waiting for Sign Into a Drawer = Sign Into a Drawer". I created my own script that contains a while loop checking the value of the WPFControlText and it allows the link to be clicked immediately. This will serve my purpose but there still seems to be something wonky about the WaitProperty operation.

3 Replies

• Hello dhundley - 

Could you please show an image of the values section of the WaitProperty you have set up?

Thanks, 

Emma

dhundley
      Regular Contributor

is the attached image what you wanted to see?

dhundley
        Regular Contributor

After posting the image you requested and doing a little bit more research, I determined that the property I was checking was, in fact, not the correct property to be checking. instead of WPFControlName, I should have been checking the value of WPFControlText. The WaitProperty Operation still seems to take way longer than it should, however, as the message in the upper right corner of TestComplete states "Waiting for Sign Into a Drawer = Sign Into a Drawer". I created my own script that contains a while loop checking the value of the WPFControlText and it allows the link to be clicked immediately. This will serve my purpose but there still seems to be something wonky about the WaitProperty operation.