Forum Discussion

cnstephens
New Contributor
11 years ago

aqReporter.dll Error

Hi,

(Photo of error attached)

Recently, I've started encountering this error spirattically when running my scripts. I am running TC10.2 (occured in 10.1 as well), writing in VBScript, testing a VB6 App on a Win7 system. 

What does this error mean, and how do I fix the problem it is encountering?

Thanks!

Christina

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Christina,

I recommend that you contact our TestComplete Support team to investigate the issue and solve it.

Provide them with the crash report whose path you see in this dialog: C:\Users\DIuser\AppData\Local\SmartBear\...

• cnstephens

Hi Christina, 

Did you ever get a resolutoin to this issue? I am gettting the same thing and support have not been able to identify the issue so far.

jjessop
      Occasional Contributor

Any solution for this? I too am getting the same error, TC freezes up and sits as the top program on the window, meanwhile you are unable to click anything, close anything, nada. After a good 5-10 minutes the error of "TestComplete has encountered a problem in module aqReporter.dll" comes up.  

nebsta
        Contributor

jjessop We managed to work around this (on a desktop application):

"By renaming the 'DockingShell' class to 'MainWindow' I could append test steps without the application crashing. This supports the crash dump investigation which suggests that Test Complete is causing heap corruption during its recording process."

AlexKaras FYI