Forum Discussion

sunil_Rathore
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

an error occurred in test complete11.31

hi smartbear support team,

i got an error in testcomplete11.31 when  test complete some object just like button recognize in web application.

Possible reasons: 1. The application stopped responding. 2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system). 3. An error occurred in TestComplete/TestExecute. Technical information: 31 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) . 

Possible reasons:
1. The application stopped responding.
2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).
3. An error occurred in TestComplete/TestExecute.

Technical information:
31 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) .

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Did you try restarting TestComplete?  Did that fix the problem, at least temporarily?

If you can still duplicate the problem, please post a screenshot.  I didn't quite understand your description of what was happening when the error occurred.

sunil_Rathore
      Occasional Contributor

hi,

i was using test complete10.50 earlier. now we upgrade test complete10 to test complete11.31 then i use same projectsuite for playback in test complete11.31 then some object (edit, combo,checkbox) operation like click is working but some button object have an error when clickbutton opration work 

->>an error occurred

Possible reasons:
      1. The application stopped responding.
      2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).
      3. An error occurred in TestComplete/TestExecute.

Technical information:
      31 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) .

so overcome this  problem i record again button object then its works. but  i found different namemapping.
      test complete 10.50 name mapping
       Aliases.browser.pageVirtualworks.panelIlboPanel.panelPlfUipanelNdf.frameIlboinnerframe.panelIlboBodyPanel.panelSecSectionMainscreenEriMain.tablePerinaefilssave.ClickButton

test complete11.31 name mapping
      Aliases.browser.pageVirtualworks.panelIlboPanel.panelPlfUipanelNdf.frameIlboinnerframe.panelIlboBodyPanel.panelSecSectionMainscreenEriMain.tablePerinaefilssave.buttonSave.ClickButton

currently we are using test complete11.31 but all button object having diffrent mapping so how to overcome this problem??