Forum Discussion

12 years ago

YUI Object are not recognized

Hello,

I'm evaluating testComplate to test our web application which is based on php, ajax and yui. I have a mouse hover menu items based on yui which testComplate can't recognize. Do you have any solution for that problem ?

Best Regards

2 Replies

• Hi Otmane,

If you get the "Object Does Not Exist" error, the link to the corresponding help topic should be posted to the Additional Information panel of the test log. Have you tried following the suggestions provided in the help topic, the link to which was posted to your test log? What were the results? If the help topic was not enough for you to find the cause of the problem, please let us know what problems you faced when diagnosing the problem so that we could improve our documentation.

The list of the corresponding help topics (depending on the specific error messages) can be found in the "Handling the 'Object Not Found' Errors" help topic. Suggestions provided in the "Handling the 'Object Does Not Exist' Error" topic are usually enough to diagnose such problems.

BTW, as far as I know, YUI objects usually have IDs that change dynamically. If these IDs are included in the Name Mapping criteria, the NM scheme becomes unreliable, and this can lead to the "Object does not exist" errors on playback. I recommend that you watch this video to learn how to map objects in this kind of applications stably.
    Anonymous
    Hi Otmane

If yui means Yahoo UI then it may help that we have just released TestComplete 9 that includes direct support for YUI.

There is no direct way to update your past trial installation so you may want to re-register for a trial which will now send you a download link and a trial license for TC9.

Best,