Forum Discussion

ChristopherTM
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Xceed Grid problems

Hi everyone, really hope you can help me out with this one. 

The test : 

I'm currently testing an application that receives data from an extern unit. The data is then displayed in the application, and the table handler is XceedGrid (that's what I think, I'm only testing not developing). The test I want to create is retrieving some data, then delete some and then receive some more. The problem is that I would like to delete a specific row independent of what data it contains, and I don't know how to do this.

To delete a row I need to highlight it, therefor the click action. 

Solutions I have been working with:

I have tried to use different properties but I think that will make the test less versitile. Then I stumbled across the .ClickCell method and have been working with that but still no luck.

In the object browser I have added "Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.DataGridControl", and I have installed all the extensions.

Then when I use the ClickCell(x, y, 0) I get : 

Possible reasons:

1. The application stopped responding.

2. The application was compiled incorrectly (see the Open Applications topic in the help system).

3. An error occurred in TestComplete.

Technical information:

97 0x80020006 (Unknown name.) ScrollIntoView.

Tested object:

Aliases.TrackMan_Gui_Shell.HwndSource_window.window.Grid.Grid1.TabControl.AnalyzeView.Grid.AnalyzeDockingManager.MainHost.DockedElementsContainer.DockedElementsContainer.DockedElementTabbedHost.Statistics.Grid.grid

(Sys.Process("TrackMan.Gui.Shell").WPFObject("HwndSource: window").WPFObject("window").WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("TabControl", "", 1).WPFObject("AnalyzeView", "", 1).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("AnalyzeDockingManager").WPFObject("MainHost", "", 1).WPFObject("DockedElementsContainer", "", 1).WPFObject("DockedElementsContainer", "", 1).WPFObject("DockedElementTabbedHost", "", 2).WPFObject("Statistics").WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("grid"))  

If I choose a non existing row or column i get :

Total number of items: 7.

So it actually knows what it contains, but why isn't it then possible to perform a clicking action ?

Please help, what can I do? I have tried selecting different rows but still no luck and have looked in the forums but that haven't been able to bring me further in the process. I'm currently writting my tests i JScript.

Hope that I have provided the information necessary 

4 Replies

• Hi Christopher,

We have replied to you via e-mail. Here is our reply:

Hello Christopher,

TestComplete does not provide extended support for the Xceed DataGrid for WPF control, so adding the grid's class to the object mapping tree will not help. We have a suggestion to implement extended support for this control in our DB, and your message has increased its rating.

However, you can work with the grid as with any other WPF object. You can use the Xceed DataGrid's native properties and methods to work with grid. I recommend that you refer to the Xceed DataGrid documentation ( http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedWpfDataGrid/ ) or ask your developers so they will help you find the necessary grid's methods or properties.

If you still have problems with implementing the solution, please create a sample application with Xceed DataGrid and send it to us. We will try to provide you with a sample script, which will work with the grid.

sdekosky1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi David,

I am replying to your response about extended support for Xceed Datagrids with WPF applications. It appears that your response was from August 2011. You mentioned that smartbear was going to increase the priority for providing extended support for Xceed datagrids on WPF applications. Has Smartbear done anything about this issue now that we are almost in May 2012. My company uses these applications extensively (hundreds of applications) through our enterprise here at Glidewell Laboratories. We would truely be grateful if Smartbear could come up with a solution to this in the near term. I know that our current licensing with Smartbear would increase if this issue was fixed.

Sincerely,

Steven Dekosky

sdekosky1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi David,

I am replying to your response about extended support for Xceed Datagrids with WPF applications. It appears that your response was from August 2011. You mentioned that smartbear was going to increase the priority for providing extended support for Xceed datagrids on WPF applications. Has Smartbear done anything about this issue now that we are almost in May 2012. My company uses these applications extensively (hundreds of applications) through our enterprise here at Glidewell Laboratories. We would truely be grateful if Smartbear could come up with a solution to this in the near term. I know that our current licensing with Smartbear would increase if this issue was fixed.

Sincerely,

Steven Dekosky

• Hello Steven,

Currently, we have no time estimates for the implementation of the extended support. However, we have increased the suggestion's rating. Thank you.

Also, you can vote for the control here.