Forum Discussion

nwang66
Contributor
15 years ago

Which script language is better?

Hello, 

Most my tested applications are developed in C#.Net. So when I created my project suite and projects, I selected C# Script. I found many TC users on this forum are using VBscript. Are there any differences between VBscript and C# script in TestComplete? Which one do you recommend?

Thanks a lot!

Nancy

4 Replies

• I know the script language doesn't depend on my tested application's programming language. TestComplete supports five languages. Selecting which language really depends on QA's experiences or the company's policy. I am just wondering which language that most TC QAs are using. If not considering Connected or Self-Testing Application, obviously it's better to select a script language that has a large number of users. Then it will be easy to share experiences and get sample code...

Any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks!

Nancy
  • Alex,

Thank you very much for the information!

I really should ask this question 6 months ago. Right now all my projects are written in C# Script... if I can re-select, I probably select JScript. However, if C# Script is base on JScript, and only difference is dot notation and interop notation ([]), then it doesn't worth to take time to re-write my projects to JScript, right?

Thanks again!

Nancy
  • Hello Nancy,

Actually, you can execute C#Script scripts in a JScript project and vice versa. The only difference is the syntax that will be used during the script recording.