Forum Discussion

toti
New Contributor
14 years ago

Where do I open the code editor?

I see only  a list of actions of the test and I don't know where I can edit the Checkpoint.

Thanks.

5 Replies

• Did you record the test?  if so, under keyword test tab in project explorer - you can edit the test. 

if you had written the script then go to project explorer, advanced, script.

If this is not the answer you expected.. please be more clear on the question.

toti
    New Contributor
    Thank you very much!

I want to edit the steps that created automaticaly by Test Complete but not in the window of "test steps" but by the code editor (where the scripts appear, in the same window under "Advanced"->"Script").

Or maybe - I want to create test as I saw in the videos in this site - the user creates checkpoint and before closing it he gets a window to copy the code. I can write a script by myself but I want the option of copy.

Thanks again!
  • To view the code in code editor you have to choose the option Record Script instead of Record keyword test...

But if you have recorded keyword test already, you can select the steps, right click and select the option convert to script.

To edit the checkpoints make sure you click the checkpoint options from the operations tab

Hope this is what you are looking for.
    toti
    New Contributor
    Oh, yes, this is exactly what I need.

Thank you very much!