Forum Discussion

geoff77
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

When testComplete starts in Windows 10 the task bar stops working.

Hello,

I have an issue regarding TestComplete and Windows.

Whenever I start TestComplete in Windows 10 the taskbar stops working properly. I have noticed some odd behaviour such as:

- When TestComplete starts the Windows Settings app and One Note app open too.

- Alt+Tab reverts to old Windows behaviour of only showing icons and not the contents of the apps.

- Switching to other open programs reuires clicking on icons in the taskbar at least twice.

If I restart Windows Explorer in the Task manager the issue goes away only to return a few short minutes later. If TestComplete is closed and Windows Explorer is restarted there are no issues. These issues only begin happening when TestComplete is open.

Attached is a screenshot of my Windows version.

My TestComplete version is 11.20.1491

Thanks for anyone's help!

Geoff

• Hi Geoff77,

Please check if disabling of the Tools | Options | Engines | General | Enable support for testing Windows Store applications option helps you avoid this issue.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend that you contact our TestComplete Support Team to investigate the issue. You can do this here.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Geoff77,

Please check if disabling of the Tools | Options | Engines | General | Enable support for testing Windows Store applications option helps you avoid this issue.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend that you contact our TestComplete Support Team to investigate the issue. You can do this here.

MarcosSolus
      Occasional Contributor

You saved me again TanyaYatskovska :manhappy:, after transfer TestComplete to a Windows 10 machine, my pc has always open randomic windows store app´s.

Thats occurr always when keeping open TestComplete (my version is 11.0)....and after disable support....it not repeated again.

Thanks