Forum Discussion

mattm
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

When I use "Drag the target to point to the object" the incorrect area highlighted

This is preventing me from closing the popup configuration page (ie the x for close is outside the area). I tried editing the co-ordinates but this is restricted to the border (see screenshot below)

This is being done on a 

["WorkBookView"]["workbookRootGrid"]["AQComplexActionDialogView"]

smartbearIssue.JPG

• If it's a canvas, I suspect you're stuffed.

A canvas is pretty much just an image. We use them in certain embedded software with products we make. The screen comprises an assortment of buttons. They are all added to the canvas to form one big image and thats what displayed to the user. The interface has an associated XML file which maps out the "hotspots" (aka - co-ordinates) of all the buttons on the canvas panel.

But the canvas, is completely unusable as a testable object.

Thankfully, I never have to test the products that use these with TestComplete. If I did, I would have to parse the XML file to do anything meaningful with the canvas ....

If you can get it's relative screen co-ordinates and size, can you not work out an offset for the X/Close button based on the size of the canvas and/or corner co-ordinates? (And then just apply a click at that point to close it)

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Are you able to name map the object that you're trying to choose?

mattm
      New Contributor

Hi 

No its not possible to map to the controls. The Object tree goes to 

["workbookRootGrid"]["AQComplexActionDialogView"]["Canvas"]

And the controls I need to access (in theory) should be listed in the "Canvas" element but it is not listed there. I highlighted all the other child elements, and they are displaying elements/areas of the dialog I'm not currently interested in eg Action area, and the title. I want to close the dialog. Also there is no keystroke shortcut I can think of. 

Colin_McCrae
        Community Hero

If it's a canvas, I suspect you're stuffed.

A canvas is pretty much just an image. We use them in certain embedded software with products we make. The screen comprises an assortment of buttons. They are all added to the canvas to form one big image and thats what displayed to the user. The interface has an associated XML file which maps out the "hotspots" (aka - co-ordinates) of all the buttons on the canvas panel.

But the canvas, is completely unusable as a testable object.

Thankfully, I never have to test the products that use these with TestComplete. If I did, I would have to parse the XML file to do anything meaningful with the canvas ....

If you can get it's relative screen co-ordinates and size, can you not work out an offset for the X/Close button based on the size of the canvas and/or corner co-ordinates? (And then just apply a click at that point to close it)