Forum Discussion

lphilippe_macau
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

What is the maximum delay for the WaitAliasChild method?

Hi, 

I've been using the WaitAliasChild method, but it doesn't seem to be waiting the entire delay that I've set (4700000). What is the max delay that can be set for this method. It is not described in the online help files?

Thanks, 

L-P

• Hi LP

There is no limit to the setting. Basically with the wait or even delay methods. If WaitTime is 0, the method searches for the specified object once and returns immediately.

If the requirement is to wait for the object to become visible or available I would look at reducing the setting to 0 and seeing if that helps.

Regards

Damien 

TestComplete Sales Engineer

2 Replies

• Hi LP

There is no limit to the setting. Basically with the wait or even delay methods. If WaitTime is 0, the method searches for the specified object once and returns immediately.

If the requirement is to wait for the object to become visible or available I would look at reducing the setting to 0 and seeing if that helps.

Regards

Damien 

TestComplete Sales Engineer

lphilippe_macau
      Contributor

Hi Damien, 

Thanks for the answer. So I get that there isn't a limit for the wait, but is there a limit for the number that is entered. The difference being that maybe an integer is too big, but the 0 will work to wait indefinitely. 

For now I'll try the 0, but I'd still like to know if there is a maximum. 

Thanks, 

L-P