Forum Discussion

asdfasdfasdfasd
Contributor
15 years ago

WPF ComboBox wText returning item's ClrFullClassName instead of the visual value

Hi, we have a .NET WPF application written in C#.  I think the developers are using XAMLs to create these special WPF comboboxes that handle custom item collections instead of primitive values.  In recent builds of our application, I noticed wText is no longer returning the value of the visual text displayed in the combobox, but rather the ClrFullClassName of that item object selected.

Is there something the developers need to do or is it a minor issue in TestComplete?

Thanks!

2 Replies

• I want to emphasize that the behavior of the comboboxes has not changed.  Rather, these special comboboxes just have special collections that contain custom objects.  wText seems to be reading in the wrong place for these comboboxes.  Can anyone shed light on this?
  • Hi Steve,

TestComplete uses the native Text property of an object to get the wText property value. So, your developers should pay attention to the way the Text property changes its value when different items are being selected in the combo box.

Also, I suggest that you use the Object Mapping feature to work with the combo. You need to add the control's class name to the 'WPF Controls | Combo box' OM category. Please see the "Object Mapping" article for details.