Forum Discussion

mdh
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

VisibleOnScreen property are different in Object Spy vs. testing runtime !

Im chekking the VisibleOnScreen property for a WPF application on WIN 7 enterprice OS (test was originally developed on WIN7 professional OS).

This property are not read correctly by TC 10.40, and is consistentely reported as False (should be True).

When using the Object Spy, it is correctly True, and in the Object Browset the property are also True !! 

Object name: Sys.Process("CDA").WPFObject("HwndSource: window").WPFObject("window").WPFObject("LayoutRoot").WPFObject("Config").WPFObject("ConfigCtrlLayoutRoot").WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("PageRoot").WPFObject("PageVotingBarChart", "", 1).WPFObject("ParameterizedGrid", "", 1).WPFObject("CurrentTimeControl", "", 1).WPFObject("MeasurableGrid", "", 1).WPFObject("ListItemContentPresenter", "", 1)Property: VisibleOnScreen

Actual valueFalse
Expected valueTrue
ConditioncmpEqual
Case-sensitiveTrue

also see Image

VisibleOnScreen_property_error.png

sergeys
    9 years ago

I updated TestComplete to the latest 10.6 version (I had 10.3 before) and the issue seem to be solved now, thanks!

5 Replies

• Have exactly the same issue.

Tried to overcome it by using internal ScrollControlIntoView and ScrollToControl, but it didn't work for some reason.

Still in stuck with this...

Guys, did you find any workaround of the issue? And is it really TestComplete issue?

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

I don’t remember about any known issues with VisibleOnScreen in TestComplete 10.40. I suggest that you update to at least to the latest TestComplete 10 version and check if the issue persists.

sergeys
        Contributor

I updated TestComplete to the latest 10.6 version (I had 10.3 before) and the issue seem to be solved now, thanks!