Forum Discussion

thrilok_nath
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Very slow in identifying the objects and performing actions

HI All,

Test Execution is very slow in performing click actions on the objects, i am not sure on what is the Technology used for building this application. I have attached the recorded session of the execution.Please see the session and give me some solution if any.

It takes more than 3 mins for each click operation to perform. Please tell me if i have to install any plug-ins.

Below script is the syntax of the objects. Please tell me if Adobe Flex controls are used by seeing the below code. Does AFX refers to Adobe Flex controls?

Sys.Process("tc_client").Window("Afx:00400000:0:00000000:00000000:*", "MarkitSERV MarkitWire *", 1).Window("ReBarWindow32", "", 1).Window("ToolbarWindow32", "", 1)

Sys.Process("tc_client").Window("#32770", "Search",1).Window("#32770", "PDVDynamicView", 1).Window("#32770", "", 1).Window("Static", "Static", 1).Window("#32770", "PDVPage: Trade ID", 1).Window("Edit", "", 3)

Sys.Process("tc_client").Window("#32770", "Search", 5).Window("#32770", "PDVDynamicView", 1).Window("#32770", "", 1).Window("Static", "Static", 1).Window("#32770", "PDVPage: Trade ID", 1).Window("Edit", "", 3)

Aliases.tc_client.dlgSearch.pagePDVDynamicView.page32770.Static.page32770.Edit

Sys.Process("tc_client").Window

Attached is WRF file which is saved as gif please convert it to wrf.

Thanks

Thrilok

9 Replies

thrilok_nath
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi All,

I would like to add few more steps to my Question.

I tried with QTP in doing the same steps it only took few seconds to execute, below is the QTP code. It just performed clicks in fraction of seconds.

Window("MarkitSERV MarkitWire").Activate

Window("MarkitSERV MarkitWire").WinTreeView("WinTreeView").Select "Brokered Deals (533)"

Window("MarkitSERV MarkitWire").WinListView("WinListView").Activate "7535569/1<0>"

Window("MarkitSERV MarkitWire").Dialog("MarkitSERV MarkitWire").WinButton("OK").Click

Window("MarkitSERV MarkitWire").Activate

Window("MarkitSERV MarkitWire").WinTab("SysTabControl32").Select "Index "

Window("MarkitSERV MarkitWire").WinTab("SysTabControl32").Select "Break(2) "

Window("MarkitSERV MarkitWire").WinTab("SysTabControl32").Select "Internal Data "

Then i Tried with Test Complete by recording the same steps, it is taking more than 8 mins to execute the same steps, below is Test Complete code

Sub Test2 

Dim wndAfx 

Dim pageClientPane 

Dim page32770 

Dim sysTabControl32 

Set wndAfx = Aliases.tc_client.wndAfx1 

Call wndAfx.Click(320, 11) 

Set pageClientPane = wndAfx.pageClientPane 

Call pageClientPane.pageStackPane.SysTreeView32.ClickItem("|Brokered Deals (533)") 

Set page32770 = pageClientPane.page32770 

Call page32770.pageSplitterPane.List1.ClickItem("7535569/1<0>", 0) 

Set sysTabControl32 = page32770.pageSplitterPane1.pagePDVView.SysTabControl32 

Call sysTabControl32.ClickTab("Index      ") 

Call sysTabControl32.ClickTab("Roll Dates      ") 

Call sysTabControl32.ClickTab("Break      ") 

End Sub

As per me in Test Complete there are many hierachy's for each object but when you see in QTP it is identifying the object with only 2 object hierarchy. Test complete is identifying as different objects. This is just my guess.

Thanks

Thrilok
    thrilok_nath
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply, I tried with all available options posted in the Technical paper shared by you, but still no luck Test Execution is taking same time as before.

Please suggest if you have any solutions.

I can share my application if you can provide your email address. Then probably you can try on that.

Thanks

Thrilok
  • Hi Thrilok,

I can share my application if you can provide your email address. Then probably you can try on that.

This will be the best way to proceed. Please use our Contact Support form to submit your application. Also, we'll need to measure the slowness - please record a video demonstrating it and attach it to the support case. For example, you can use Jing, which is a free recorder.
  • Hi Thrilok,

I have the same issues ... would like to know what you found from the SmartBear team. It would be nice if you could share some info. Thanks in advance.

- GJ
  • Hello again ...

It would be nice if someone from Support or Thrilok could update this thread with their findings.

- GJ
  • Hi jeeejay,

Unfortunately, I don't think we have quicker tips that could be valuable. If the Automated Test Performance Tips article doesn't help, please follow the instructions from my previous post:

Please use our Contact Support form to submit your application. Also, we'll need to measure the slowness - please record a video demonstrating it and attach it to the support case. For example, you can use Jing, which is a free recorder.

subin_pb_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Thrilok, We are facing the same issue for the same MarkitWire application. Did you find a solution for your problem?
    Manfred_F
    Regular Contributor
    Hi,

I've got a similar Problem. Our application is built using a legacy Technology, the starview libraries. Nevertheless, using aliases works well. But in some cases, a Kind of Windows Standard Dialog is used, e.g. for opening files, see screenshot. In These cases, processing an alias takes 10..30 seconds each.

Regards,

Manfred