Forum Discussion

francisd84
Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

VCL Objects detected as Window objects

I found some old posts about VCL Objects detected as Window objects in TestComplete but they are from old versions of TC (like 10).  I'm using 15.45

The tested applications are compiled using C++ Builder.

The problem is, when I start my application, TC sees all application's objects as Windows objects

This is not really handful when I want to add new tests and the windows aren't detected correctly.

But the test is defined to find VCL objects using "FindEx", "Find" and "FindAll" methods.  So as soon as I run at least one defined test and it needs to find a VCLObject, the magic happens, now all objects are seen as VCL ones.

Even if I let both TC and app opened for a while or even refreshing the Object Browser, it didn't change anything

What could be the root cause this detection issue?  I can workaround it like described here but if I can get rid of this, it would be great.

Thanks!

• This is a old thread but I just find out the steps of this "issue" (maybe it is a bug) (tested on TestComplete 15.45.31.7 x64)

TestComplete opened, no project loaded:

• On Both Object Spy and Object Browser, VCL objects of the application appear as VCLObject

As soon as a project is loaded without the application in TestedApps:

• On Both Object Spy and Object Browser, VCL objects of the application appear as "Window" objects

As soon as the application is added into TestedApps within the same project

• On Both Object Spy and Object Browser, VCL objects appear as VCLObject

So the "workaround" (maybe it is a bug) is to ensure that the application is in TestedApps object of your project or no project is opened at all.

4 Replies

francisd84
        Contributor

This is a old thread but I just find out the steps of this "issue" (maybe it is a bug) (tested on TestComplete 15.45.31.7 x64)

TestComplete opened, no project loaded:

• On Both Object Spy and Object Browser, VCL objects of the application appear as VCLObject

As soon as a project is loaded without the application in TestedApps:

• On Both Object Spy and Object Browser, VCL objects of the application appear as "Window" objects

As soon as the application is added into TestedApps within the same project

• On Both Object Spy and Object Browser, VCL objects appear as VCLObject

So the "workaround" (maybe it is a bug) is to ensure that the application is in TestedApps object of your project or no project is opened at all.