Forum Discussion

louiselaine
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Use Bamboo to trigger my SmokeTests from another VM

Hi Guys,

I am new to TestComplete & Bamboo, I created set to TestCases to perform Smoke tests and we are using Bamboo for CI.

My question is that how do I use Bamboo to trigger the execution from another VM where Testcomplete & Smoke Testscases are located.

Any response are very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

• Hi Marsha_R tristaanogre

Appreciate your kind reply and suggestions.

Yes I have used Martha's suggestion an have a command line paratemeters created in a .cmd file.

We use pstools.exe to trigger bamboo run this .cmd file in VM(TestServer)  and it is now workfing fine.

5 Replies

louiselaine
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Marsha_R

I Appreciate your reply,  I have done some of the command line parameters and works fine, however It's only done locally in VM where TestComplete & Automated Tests are located.     

The problem I am facing right now it that, how to trigger this command line from Bamboo server(separate VM). I think this is where I missed the gap.  Any Idea how it is being done in Bamboo server?

Thanks

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

I'm not familiar enough with Bamboo.... but my understanding of most CI tools that trigger test launches is that they send a command to an agent for that agent to execute.  So, in Bamboo, when you set up the command to trigger the test launch, incorporate the command line switches that Marsha_R suggests