Forum Discussion

jpnjordan
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Upgrading 11 -> 12 error

Hi All,

I'm currently experiencing this error when upgrading from 11.31 to 12.0.122.7. After backing up & converting, I get this:

Cannot open C:\[My Network Path]\NetworkSuite.tcNetSuite file. Reason: The operation completed successfully.

Resulting in the following in v12:

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be worried about the stability of the new project?

Many thanks for any insights

• jpnjordan

The issue may happen when TestComplete is trying to save changes in the Network Suite related files, and it cannot do this as these files have the ReadOnly attribute. When you open your project suite, some automatic data conversion happens and this requires making changes to the file.

As a workaround, before opening your project in TestComplete 12, unselect the ReadOnly attribute from all project suite files.

On our side, Devs are already working to improve this behavior in future versions to provide a better message.

3 Replies

• I've seen it.  In my case, the case used in the naming of the item was different. (e.g.  "My" instead of "my")

jpnjordan
      Occasional Contributor

Strange...

Adding the existing network suite worked fine and I haven't experienced any errors yet.

AlexanderM
        Staff

jpnjordan

The issue may happen when TestComplete is trying to save changes in the Network Suite related files, and it cannot do this as these files have the ReadOnly attribute. When you open your project suite, some automatic data conversion happens and this requires making changes to the file.

As a workaround, before opening your project in TestComplete 12, unselect the ReadOnly attribute from all project suite files.

On our side, Devs are already working to improve this behavior in future versions to provide a better message.