Forum Discussion

seenarg
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Unable to use ActiveX control in Testcomplete 12

We migrated from Testcomplete 10 to Testcomplete 12. We were using an ActiveX control called Modbus ActiveX control in Testcomplete 10 scripts but after migration this is not supported. When we add it in events and try to use the GetActivexObject method of the Control an error "Classid not registered is displayed"

This blocks a major part of our automation.

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Does the problem occur on the same machine where TC10 was installed or on another one?

As per message text, it looks like that Modbus ActiveX control was not registered in the operating system (using command line like: regsvr32 Modbus.dll).
    If the problem occurs on the same machine, then my guess is that you are using 64-bit flavor of TestComplete (Help|About) started from the <TestComplete>\x64\Bin\ folder while Modbus is 32-bit ActiveX.

In this case try to use 32-bit flavor of TestComplete from the <TestComplete>\Bin\ folder.

Does this help?

seenarg
      Occasional Contributor
      Hi
      Thanks for the reply. It is the same machine I used for TC10.
      Tried using the 32 bit flavor of Test complete as you mentioned and this time I didn't get Classid not registered but a different error like 'Catatrophic failure'
        AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

> a different error like 'Catatrophic failure' 

A 'Catatrophic failure' of what?

Can you share relevant test code and/or screenshots to get better idea about the problem?

Is the error persistent and occurs for every test run?

Have you tried to reboot?

Any other details?