Ask a Question

Unable to run tests on FireFox (98.0.2)

maumrm
Contributor

Unable to run tests on FireFox (98.0.2)

My FireFox version is 98.0.2 and my TestComplete version is 15.41.9.7 x64. My tests are able to run on both Chrome and Edge, but are not on FireFox. I am getting "The parent object was not found". Within the name mapping the objects are not found under the page parent item, which is appRoot "CustomObjectType".

 

I have tried making the recommended changes listed here, but no improvement was seen: 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/firefox.h...

 

What am I missing?

8 REPLIES 8
Marsha_R
Community Hero

Do you have the Firefox patch installed?

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/downloads/firefox-patches/


Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame

I had done that for TestComplete 15.40.

If you try recording a small test where you choose the object causing the error, does it show up then?


Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame

When I record a small test via FireFox the parent hierarchy is different. For Edge and Chrome they see a parent item of "appRoot", FireFox does not recognize that and creates the item at the level that the "appRoot" is at. 

Are you using Cross-Browser testing?

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/cross-browser/about.html


Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame

I am using a browser loop. 

Take a look at 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/cross-browser/handling-diffe...

 

It sounds like at this point in your test, you will need to check which browser is actually being tested and have something like this

 

if browser = firefox 

   do firefox things

else

   do all other browser things

 


Marsha_R
[Community Hero]
____
[Community Heroes] are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Posts made by [Community Heroes]
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
The [Community Hero] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hall-of-fame

I hope that is not the solution since that would basically mean I will need a whole different test for FireFox as the issue is at the top of the name mapping tree. I opened a ticket, see what I can find out.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: