Forum Discussion

nimishbhuta
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Unable to run testcomplete test from QAComplete

Hello All, 

I have created a test from test library in QAComplete and in the automated tab, I have given the path wheree testcomplete project suite is located and the in the project field, I have the provided the path which is <project name>\Script\<UnitName>\<routine name>. 

When I try to run the test, it opens testcomplete but does not the run the test. It shows the test has "Failed" status, but not sure why it is not executing the test. 

Please let me know what may be the issue. 

Regards,

Nimish

nimishbhuta
    6 years ago

Hello, 

Yes, I contacted the support team and found the solution. It was basically connectivity issue between QA Compleet and TestComplete. It was resolved by using the proxy server and also we need close the test complete instance when running from QAComplete as QAComplete invokes TestComplete but if the TestComplete is already then QA Complete does not work. 

6 Replies

• You say you have

<project name>\Script\<UnitName>\<routine name>

What you need is the test item. 

- Open Project

- Go to the test item tab

- Ensure there is a test item there.

Enter <project name>\testitemname 

nimishbhuta
      Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I tried entering <project name>\testitemname but it did not work. Is there any log to see why it failed?

Regards,

Nimish

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

If you open the TestComplete instance on your target machine, there should be a log generated for the attempted test run.