Forum Discussion

mattfloyd
Regular Visitor
8 years ago

Unable to initialize TestExecute. Unable to connect to the product. Server execution failed

Unable to initialize TestExecute. Unable to connect to the product. Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE))

I'm trying to integrate TestExecute with TFS 2017. I have a VS solution with a Unit Test project containing a TestComplete 12 Test being built on the build agent, but when it tries to start TestExecute, it fails with the above message.

I'm including all the setup I think might be relevant.

Can somebody help?

TestExecute.exe.manifest contains:

<requestedPrivileges>
    <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false"/>
  </requestedPrivileges>

6 Replies

wnull3
    Occasional Contributor

Tried to do the same thing and had the same issue...Hopefully someone has an answer! 

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

From the help on integration with Visual Studio/MSBuild

Integration With Microsoft Visual Studio

TestComplete 12 can integrate with the following versions of Microsoft Visual Studio:

• Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (Community, Enterprise and Professional editions).

• Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 (Community, Ultimate, Premium, and Professional editions).

• Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 - 2012 (Ultimate, Premium, and Professional editions).

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Additionally:

Running TestComplete Tests Remotely with Visual Studio Test Agents

Test Controller

Test agents for Visual Studio 2015 do not support running functional tests remotely from Visual Studio. To run tests, use test controllers and test agents for Visual Studio 2013. You can find more information on it in the MSDN Library.

• Microsoft Test Controller for Visual Studio 2013.

• TestComplete 12 (or TestExecute 12).

• TestComplete 12 Visual Studio Integration Package.

The Integration Package installer is shipped along with TestComplete. You can find it in the TestComplete folder after installing the product:

<TestComplete 12>\VS Integration\VSIntegration.exe

Run this installer after installing TestComplete on the test controller machine. In the installation wizard, select Build and Test Integration or Test Agent Integration feature appropriate for your test controller version.