Forum Discussion

rajesag
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Unable to identify textbox in the few parts of the application Im using IE 11

All i am new to test complete , Im using IE 11 browser i am unable identify the child objects of a page few parts of the application i followed the settings (https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/internet-explorer.html) and i restarted the machine still i am unable do it 

My colleague machine its getting identified but not in my machine , please let me know whether i need to change any settings or ActiveX installations. 

Appreciate your help 

5 Replies

amathews
    Occasional Contributor

A little extra context to rajesag's issue:

On his laptop (and the laptop of another new hire), his TestComplete object spy can see the object tree on the tested page down to a certain level to a particular panel, but the children beneath that panel (including text boxes and down down selections) are not getting populated.

His object spy can see up to this point:

Sys.Browser("iexplore").Page("*").Panel("container").Panel("content_container")

My object spy can see down to:

Sys.Browser("iexplore").Page("*").Panel("container").Panel("content_container").Panel("content_section").Panel("content").Form("OfferDetailForm").Fieldset(1).Panel("offerDiv").Table(0).Cell(1, 2).Textbox("noOfEvents")

ect.

Things we've done so far:

Set TabProcGrowth 0 (and reset computer)

Delete history and browser cache

So far we're only seeing this issue for one particular page.  Other pages their object spies can see all the objects just fine.  Right now we're kind of stumped as to what we can try next, so any input is appreciated please.

rajesag
        New Contributor

I do have admin right in my system still i am facing the same issue i installed Test complete as a administrator also I launched it as Admin. The same issue persist.

Please let me know whether we have any other solution for it.