Forum Discussion

RodrigoJr
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Unable to find the object Clear. See Additional Information for details

My testComplete is not finding the Clear method, and returns error:
"Unable to find the object Clear. See Additional Information for details. "
I also noticed that when using the Object Spy it does not show the Fields tab, using the same EXE of the application only in another installation of TestComplete it works normally.

Another thing I discovered that if you saved the options and restarted the TestComplete back up and running.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

RodrigoJr
    6 years ago

I was able to identify that the problem was in my exe that I was trying to automate, a development error.
    Thank you for your help.

10 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What language are you using?  If you're using something like JavaScript, you need to make sure that you include the parenthesis when calling a method (object.Clear()).

As for the Object Spy, are you viewing the "Advanced" properties or just the basic?  If it's just the basic, the "Fields" tab I don't believe it is exposed.

As for your last question... I don't follow.  Can you clarify?

RodrigoJr
      Occasional Contributor

I'm using DelphiScript, using "Advanced" properties.
      the other question ignore

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

The error message for the "Clear" method should contain, on the Additional Information tab indications as to some of the specifics of the problem.  Can you share that information?  Also, posting a sample of your code where the problem is occurring could be helpful.

As for the "Fields" tab, can you please post screenshots of the machine that is working versus the machine that isn't with regards to Object Spy?  One thing you can try is to do an installation repair on the one that isn't working and see if something needs to be corrected in registry.