Forum Discussion

steventwerd
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Unable to access jarfile agent.jar

Hi,

After creating a Node as instructed by the documentation to connect to Jenkins, the documentation says to follow the instructions to launch Jenkins agents to nodes and connecting them to Jenkins however, when I run the code in the command line I get the error: Error: Unable to access jarfile agent.jar.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Documentation I was following: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/jenkins/preparing.html?sbsearch=jenkins

AlexKaras
    3 years ago

Hi,

Just a guess: what if you change 'java -jar agent.jar ...' to 'java -jar C:\Jenkins\agent.jar ...' ?

4 Replies

• Hi steventwerd 

I hope you are well. 

Can you send a screenshot of the error? 

JAR file config issues are generally due to the path not existing or changing. 

Have you cross checked the location of the JAR file and verified that the arguments used /location specifed are valid? 

Also would you have changed the xml 

Do you know if you have changed the location of the JAR file ? 

Sorry for all the questions but it might uncover why this is happening for you 

Thanks 

Vincent 

steventwerd
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Vincent,

Please see the screenshots below:

There are 3 screenshots of the command prompt after entering the command given to me by Jenkins, a screenshot of Jenkins telling me to put the command into the command prompt and a screenshot of the directory that I am using as the remote root directory.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Just a guess: what if you change 'java -jar agent.jar ...' to 'java -jar C:\Jenkins\agent.jar ...' ?