Forum Discussion

vex
Contributor
13 years ago

Two feature requests

Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to put these.

1. I'd like to see testcomplete be able to interact more with Powershell, for example be able to pull results from a powershell command, instead of having to copy that to the clipboard or a temp text file for recovery later.  I read on SQAForums that there was some requests for this functionality as well.

2. For the feature aqFileSystem.GetFileInfo.CertificateInfo I would like to see additional certificate information able to be pulled, most specifically the TimeStamper certificate information.  A very valid test case for digital signature verification is to verify that the TimeStamper information is signed properly, in addition to the cert itself.  I had to go around this using a really, really ugly and antiquated method.  It works, but it would be a heck of a lot easier if TestComplete could pull this by itself.

1 Reply

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Vince,

I'd like to see testcomplete be able to interact more with Powershell, for example be able to pull results from a powershell command
    I've posted an example of the way to do this in your thread. Does this approach suit your needs, or would you like it to be more advanced or implemented differently (I'll need more details in this case)? 

For the feature aqFileSystem.GetFileInfo.CertificateInfo I would like to see additional certificate information able to be pulled, most specifically the TimeStamper certificate information.
    Thanks for the idea! I've created a feature request for it in our internal tracking system as a consideration for future versions.