Forum Discussion

ramefi
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Tvirtualtreeview is not working for TC 11

Hi ,

I am having license for  Latest TC 11 But we are not able to identify   the child elements of TVIRTUALTREEVIEW method.

What i want to do with that targeted object is .

1) Click on the child node (On checkbox)

2) Verify weather root node is able to clicked or not .

help me with this .. I added the tree view in Win32 tree view list but no luck .I have tried all functionalities which have been published in Support, community forums Still not able to identifying them .. please help it on urgent basis as it is blocker

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ramefi,

Could you please clarify if you tested this control in TestComplete 10 and everything worked fine?

That would be great if you created a sample application with this control (not the one you test) and posted it here. In this case, we could investigate it and provide you with possible solutions.

ramefi
      Occasional Contributor

Hi  we bought  TC 11 only . So i dont know weather it is working fine or not for earlier versions .i am not able to provide the app  however i am submitting the screenshot below please find it.

From the control i need to click on each and every checkbox  . I am not able to view the names of check boxes also . hope this helps .

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi ramefi,

Thanks for the screenshot of your control. The tree view looks very custom. Have you already tried using  Object Mapping. This feature allows treating a third-party control as the one supported by TestComplete.

If this doesn’t work for you, please refer to the What If My Control Is Not Supported?  section of the "Supported Controls"  (http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/68065/ ) help topic. It explains how to test third-party controls.