Forum Discussion

Dagos
New Contributor
13 years ago

The process is not killed after the test

Hello,

Since we installed the new version of TestComplete (version 8.50.618.7), we have a problem.

If I run  my application from TestComplete, the process is not kill after closing my application. I feel that it is due to the object explorer. My application is closed but I see always the process in the proccess task.

I had this problem with an application written in C++ and an other in Power Builder.

Best regards,

Christophe

7 Replies

• Hi Christophe,

Is it possible for you to send us your application so we can reproduce and investigate the problem here? If you cannot send us the application, please follow the steps below:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows x86 package from:

http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_x86_6.11.1.404.msi

and install it.

2. When the tested application is closed, make sure that the process is still running, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows\windbg.exe" -pn MyApp.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\Dump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the tested application process to the "C:\Dump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. Correct the dump file name in the above command line (for example, change it to Dump2.dmp), wait for two minutes and execute the command again.

4. Repeat step 3.

5. Send us all of the generated dump files via the Contact Support form.
  • Same problem here with me, i have created a support ticket but I cant email/upload our application because its too large (60mb). I might get the dump files though and send them along with my support ticket.

• Even I'm facing the same problem. Is this problem with my application or with TestComplete?
  • Hi Degapati,

It is impossible to say what the cause of the problem without investigating it.

Please contact us directly using the Contact Support form and send us information I requested from Christophe.
    Dagos
    New Contributor

Hello,

I have send the problem to SmartBear support but it's not yet resolved. The key of issue is :  [Issue# M0087764]

PS : It was I who initiated this post but I lost my identifier.

Best regards,

Christophe

• Hi Christophe,

As far as I remember, we have come to the point when we need to reproduce the problem locally in order to find the cause of the problem. However, Frederic has not answered us. Could you please ask him to respond so we can continue working on this case?