Ask a Question

The plugin-container.exe process crashed.

SOLVED
lcorkren
Contributor

The plugin-container.exe process crashed.

I have a test suite that closes the browser, and re-opens the browser in the next text, occassionaly I get the error:  The plugin-container.exe process crashed. Is there a way to prevent this error from returning a false failure?

Exception code: 0x80000003.
Process identifier (PID): 2400.
Dump file: plugin-container_ue_498bac95.dmp.

6 REPLIES 6
leandroaraujoso
Contributor

Hello, lcorkren

I had dealt with this very same problem recently. Here is what I did:

I handled that kind of error on the OnLogError event. In the function I've created a statement like this:

if (LogParams.MessageText == "My annoying false error message")

Log.locked =  true; // (More or less like this. This will block the current message being posted. I don't know the property for sure).

In order to know the the correct properties (I'm not in front a computer with TC now), I recommend you to create an Empty OnLogError event and put a breakpoint inside of it, then in any test, post a Log.Error("Something just to test") and finally, on debbug mode, you will be able to check the correct properties and everything you need.

Hope this helps. If you need a more detailed explanation, let me know.

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Souza

Kamal_chennai
Contributor

Hi,

Can you please refer the link http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/56438/

Thanks,

Kamal

Thanks for your help, and pointing me to some good documentation!

The reference you gave is for  applies to desktop applications only. Disabling plugin cantainer for mozilla firefox worked for me.

rajan01
New Contributor

check it out for getting the more info  https://unfitpc.com/plugin-container-exe and i am sure that it really help you. 

rajan01
New Contributor

You have indeed try it and I have already give the url.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: