Forum Discussion

amithsid
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

The following window does not give-out the text inside it.

window object-Sys.Process("RptsLib").Window("#32770", "", 1).Window("ATL:60088388", "", 1).Window("CrystalReports10.ActiveXReportViewer.1.ReportAlbum", "", 1).Window("CrystalReports10.ActiveXReportViewer.1.ViewHolder", "", 1).Window("ATL:60088C98", "", 1);

I want to perform a check on the text inside this page of a window. It is not providing the text in any of its properties. Text recognition is also not working. can I use OCR?
  • Hi

According to mapped name, i think u r checking value in crystel reports. Text Recognition

Can be accessed inside th crystel reports. add the wndclass property of Window("ATL:60088C98", "", 1) to text recognition oprion and try again

8 Replies

murugans1011
    Regular Contributor
    Hi

According to mapped name, i think u r checking value in crystel reports. Text Recognition

Can be accessed inside th crystel reports. add the wndclass property of Window("ATL:60088C98", "", 1) to text recognition oprion and try again
    murugans1011
    Regular Contributor
    Hi

Add wndclass "ReportView" to the text recogntion. and try
    murugans1011
    Regular Contributor
    Can u  pls provide screenshot of mapped  window and full mapped name.

Text recognition can work with all texts that are visible on screen. it is better to try 

"*" character in text recog. option to recognise text from all windows

add wndclass '*'  to  text recognition and refresh object browser then try to map text using object spy
  • Hello, thanks for your reply.

I had tried text recognition previously itself, before posting. Text recognition is not working.

The wnd calss is ATL:60088C98, what is the other way of performing a gettext?
  • Hello,

I did that, but still its not working. what all objects are supported by Text Recognition?

• Hello, I tried adding a star to the text recognition as suggested by you. It is not working for the window we want, for rest all other window it is working.

And, due to security reasons I cannot provide you with the screenshot. you can assume it as a pdf window.

What is the solution?
  • If it's a PDF embedded in a webpage, and is not protected, you can select all, copy, and extract the text from the clipboard object. Even if you have to do it by making it active/in focus and sending the keypress equivalents of Ctrl+A & Ctrl+C.

I've had to resort to that before.