Forum Discussion

william_roe
Super Contributor
9 years ago

The Firefox.exe Process Crashed

We are regularly getting the 'firefox.exe process crashed' message. When opening the dump file in Visual Studio the exception information indicates a breakpoint was encountered. I'm assuming this is within firefox as there are no breakpoints set in TC. What should we do. We are already closing and re-opening firefox 5 time during our tests due to memory issues. There is a 10 second delay between closing the browser and attempting to re-open. We are running V39.0 of firefox but the memory issue has been there all along.

firefox dump.JPG

5 Replies

• Hi William,

I also faced that issue on TC 9.31. I tried with following solution it worked for me

1. Initially close the browser then add 500ms delay then terminate "firefox.exe" if exists

2. Add the "firefox.exe" process into the Freeze Diagnostics with 60000ms timeout

alos please refer http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/56438/?_ga=1.216922005.2030783571.1436173178

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/56650/?_ga=1.3460147.2030783571.1436173178

Thanks,

Kamal

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

Also, the Report Generator tool provided with TestComplete (see help for more details) might help to get the dumps of both FireFox and TestComplete when the problem occurs which may help either FireFox or TestComplete Support to figure out what is the reason for the crashes.

william_roe
        Super Contributor

I've investigated how / where to submit a bug with firefox but gave up. I've created a support ticket with SmartBear and included the log and dump file and hopefully they can fix it or exercise some influence over firefox and get this resolved. We've been fighting memory issues for a long time and now have multiple close / wait / and re-open browser steps in our tests.