Forum Discussion

IuliaVascan
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Text Property doesn't see the text (Desktop App)

Hello all,

I have a problem using the text property of an object (a log console which display the text, after I run a project in this EE app).

I mapped the console ("Aliases.EE.EEMainWindow.DockHost_Application_Log.Application_Log.AdvLoggingCtrl.app_log") and I looked forward in its properties in order to get the text, but the text is empty even if in the EE app are some lines. I want to know how can I reach the text, and why the text property gives back emptiness and not the lines? 

Also, I would like to mention that I added the app log  in the Properties-> Open Applications-> Text Recognition. 

I attached the properties in the pictures below, also the app log where the text is. Properties1Properties2Properties3App Log_text

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

See all the lines in the properties that have ... at the end?  You can drill down in those and find other child properties.  You may need to search in there to find your text.

IuliaVascan
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you for you answer!

I already did that, I go through every property of every child.. but I didn't find anything. And it's very weird that the text properties look like this... empty (I attached e screenshot).  And also, when I count the item of that app log it gives me back the right number of lines.. but I cannot get the lines. 

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3
        Try recording a test where you type something in those fields manually and then see what TC calls the field.