Forum Discussion

Kostja
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Testing on VM always fails when not being watched

Hi everybody,

i got the following issue:

I use QAComplete to schedule and/or start tests on a VM. If i don't watch the test running (no RDP connection), then when a modal window opens up within my AUT the test will always fail because it is not recognised and i get the following error 'There was an attempt to perform an action at a point , which is beyond the screen.'

I also can't use methods like SetFocus orActivate, because the modal window doesn't have a Window Class.

Otherwise when i watch the test running, then everything works fine.

Any suggestions how to avoid this issue?

Thanks for help in advance.

• There is.

ScrollIntoView is an available method on most controls.

But as you are running on a VM, it would be FAR easier to simply configure that to run at a higher (virtual) resolution. It's a VM, so you can control the configuration.

3 Replies

• After activating the picture capture while running i found the source of this issue. It is the resolution. The controls i want to perform an action onto are not visible and therefore the test always fails.

Is there a way to set a control to visible or force TC to scroll itself till the object is visible/accessible (the object exists and is found by TC)?

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

There is.

ScrollIntoView is an available method on most controls.

But as you are running on a VM, it would be FAR easier to simply configure that to run at a higher (virtual) resolution. It's a VM, so you can control the configuration.