Forum Discussion

SaravanaKumar_N
Contributor
8 years ago

Testcomplete does not update Routines list if function are available inside the Javascript Class.

Hi All,

I know I am looking way forward. But it would be good, if we have this option with TestComplete.

Since from ECMA6 - JavaScript we could use Class concepts, I thought of implementing this with our tool.

As shown in the sceenshot below, I have used javascript Class concepts, but the functions created inside the classes are not taken into the account of the Routines list at the top. 

Since we do not have intellisense to navigate to the functions from one unit to another unit, at least this option would be really helpful for easy navigation.

Also I would appreciate if someone could suggest any options to overcome this or intellisense issue.

Thanks,

Saravana

7 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Saravana,

That combo box lists top-level functions only (those defined in the global context of a unit). You can submit an enhancement request here. There's also an existing feature request to add code completion for class methods.

SaravanaKumar_N
      Contributor

HKosova

Thank you. I will add this in the new feature thread.

Just noticed that even prototype function (JavaScript Project) as well not populated under the Routines list. JScript project prototype functions are listed.

Regards,

Saravana

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Can you give an example of a prototype function in a JScript project that is showing in the drop down?  I just did the following:

function testme() {
            function blah() {
                Log.Message('blah');
            }
            this.me;
            this.who;
            this.whatever = function (){
                Log.Message('what');
            }
        }

And, as expected, only "testme" shows up in the drop down as that is a function that is declared globally on the unit.