Forum Discussion

gdave
Regular Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

TestComplete12 Freezing Regularly

Hi all

I am experiencing freezing issues with TC which further freezes my application under test. I am using TC12.

Details below:

TC has gone bit tempramental from last couple of weeks and the instances of the issue are getting more and more regular.

Everytime I use Point & Fix option and place the cursor over the desired window or control, the selection mode (red border) does not come up and TC freezes. Even after waiting for more than 5mins the selection mode is not enabled. I also tried pressing ESC key constantly for it to cancel the selection mode but it remains in the freeze state. This is also the case with Object Spy.

The only option then I have is to use Task Manager and close TC by clicking on End Task. However, after performing this action my application under test also freezes. Interestingly, my application under test works fine while TC is in frozen state and it only stops working when I force close TC using task manager.

Can someone please advise any solution to this problem. Let me know if you need any further information. Thanks

• First I would make sure that you have as few other applications running on the test box as possible.  Try running it with just TC and your application open and see if that helps.  TC can be selfish and want all the space for itself.  ;)

If that doesn't help, I suggest contacting support directly at this link:

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

2 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

First I would make sure that you have as few other applications running on the test box as possible.  Try running it with just TC and your application open and see if that helps.  TC can be selfish and want all the space for itself.  ;)

If that doesn't help, I suggest contacting support directly at this link:

https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete

gdave
      Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it did make some difference and I am experiencing less freezing issue than before. I'll continue with this approach for a while and if needed, I'll raise it with support. Thanks