Forum Discussion

shilpi_agarwal
Contributor
8 years ago

TestComplete with Jenkins

I am having problem to integarte testcomplete with Jenkins. What I have done so far-

1. A TestComplete Project is created for GUI Application.

2. A project is commited to svn. Repository path is - https://192.168.10.16/svn/GUITestAutomation/trunk (A Batch file is also commited inside the project)

3. Jenkins 1.642.4 is installed and install the TestComplete Jenkins plugin from Jenkins. Then checked whether it is successfully installed or not

Untitled.jpg

4. Create new jobs in Jenkins and configure project. 

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

The above batch command works fine alone but is not working when writing on Jenkins.

Click on Build now and getting following result

Please suggest if something went wrong.

22 Replies

sha
    Contributor

Dear Shilpi Agarwal

First of all: you are aware you are not actually using the Jenkins integration? The 'proper' way is not to run a Windows batch command under Build, but to use a 'Testcomplete Test' step.

Apart from this: If you want to do it with a Windows batch job, what you are doing looks fine. (I may very well have missed something). I suspect that it is not the Testcomplete batch job that is failing, but another (run afterwards by Jenkins). Can you verify that the tests have not actually run? (Whether there are any logs in C:\Testlogs\). If it is the Testcomplete batch file that is failing: are you sure the paths are correct? (That there are files at the end of them, esp. 'bin' vs. 'Bin')

Hope this helps.

Søren Harder, QA engineer, Zmags

PS! I have no experience with Subversion and am definitely not a version system expert, but have a little experience with the Jenkins integration and also using windows batch to run TC tests.

PPS! I would use TestExecute in Jenkins instead of TestComplete, but that should not make a difference.

shilpi_agarwal
      Contributor

I have tried both ways to integrate test complete with Jenkins -  Through TestComplete Test build step and Windows batch command.

Following are the settings that I have followed in Jenkins for TesrComplete Test-

Click on save and Build is run and getting following error

An error says -

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 12\bin\TestComplete.exe"
      [TestComplete] [ERROR] Unable to find the specified TestComplete/TestExecute installation.

But TestComplete is installed in he same directory as above mentioned.

Please suggest.

sha
        Contributor

I'm not sure what we are not noticing. Have you tried to run the command from your first mail (the batch command) in cmd locally on the client machine?

td
    Regular Visitor

The testcomplete plugin automatically tries to detect TC installations on the slave, so you don't need to configure anything special.

Just ensure that in your job, you have a testcomplete build step, specifying the proper path to pjs. 

As a debugging step, you can create just a simple testcase that only logs some dummy text in the log.

krkarthik_info
    Frequent Contributor

Hi shilpi_agarwal,

I hope still you were not able to run your TestComplete tests from jenkins.

I have given a basic try invoking TestComplete tests from jenkins in my local machine and it worked.

Steps I followed:

1. Installed Jenkins

2. Installed TestComplete support plug-in in jenkins

3. Created a job with TestComplete Test

4. Save the job and did Build Now

In your case, try changing the following parameters:

Project suite file: to "D:\TestCompleteProject\GUITestingAutomationProject\GUITestingAutomationProject.pjs"

Project: to "GUITestingAutomation"

"Uncheck" Run interactive user session

and save the job and build the job.

Hope this time it works for you.

Thanks,

Karthik K R

baxatob
      Community Hero

Hi!

I have installed the latest Jenkins ver. 2.36 (as well as 2.19.4) + TestComplete plugin ver. 1.6

When I try to add a build step, I can open dropdown, select TestComplete Test and nothing happens then. 

Could it be a version incompatibility issue? 

What versions are you using?

Thanks!

krishnamandal
        New Contributor

baxatob 

Got your problem. While jenkins installation did you installed all suggested plungin?

if Not please reinstall jenkins and install with all suggested plugins.

I hope your issue will be resolved. All the best