Forum Discussion

Soni
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

TestComplete responding extremely slow, freezes

I am using Record and Playback for testing our web application.Today when I use right click on an Item in the keyword test to 'Highlight on Screen'  or 'open in name mapping editor'  TestComplete is taking very long time (4-8 minutes) to respond and it freezes in the mean time.In the name mapping editor , right-click to open the Edit object , causes TestComplete to freeze.I had to 'end the applicatiopn' using task manager.I am using TestComplete 11.Also some of the recorded tests which were successful previously are giving 'Object not found' errors.

11 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I have seen this sort of thing happen when I accidentally have more than one copy of the application open.  TestComplete will get confused trying to reconcile everything.  

Soni
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I tried with only 1 copy of the application open, and its still giving me the 'Object does not exist error'

Also the name mapping seems to have changed.

• TestComplete 12 is doing this to me, as well. Have you found any solutions?

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

Does it always run slow or is it an intermittent problem? 

Is it always the same test or does it run slow in different places?

Have you checked to make sure that you don't have more than one copy of your application running?

Do you have other applications running on the same machine that you don't need for testing? 

SarahEdwards
        Contributor

This seems to happen particularly when accessing the name map, or on the name map. It's intermittent elsewhere.