Forum Discussion

stref
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

TestComplete issue on a multi-monitor setup

I use TestComplete on a dual monitor setup and one problem I have is that the IDE's dialog appear on the secondary monitor even though it's not connected which makes it extremely difficult to use the product since I can't see the UI. Is there a place in the registry or other where I can delete the stored locations of these IDE dialogs so that they will appear on the monitor where TestComplete is running?

The steps to reproduce

- run TC on a secondary monitor (in my case to the right)

- open the NameMapping dialogs (among many others)

- close TC

- Unplug the monitor

- Run TC

- try to view the same dialogs

You'll see that they appear off screen which makes it very difficult to work with. In some cases you can right click on the Start bar and move the dialog using the keyboard then mouse but there are some dialogs that do no have a move option on the right click menu and there is no option to move them.

I've been stuck a few times giving presentations where it looks like the product has locked up because there is off screen UI and it's not fun explaining having to use Kill Task to "fix" the issue.

Thanks

-Steve

3 Replies

brhacking
    New Contributor
    I've encountered the same issue before.   In my case it was the Find/Replace dialog that I could no longer access...

• Hi Steve and Brian,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We will fix it in the next version of the tool. If you need a fix for TestComplete 7.51 before the next version is released, please contact us via the Contact Support form.

stref
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi David,

Thanks for the update. Please know that this impact many different dialogs throughout TC and not just the ones I mentioned above. This is really a systemic issue that should be addressed across the entire product.

Thanks again.