Forum Discussion

sharana
New Contributor
9 years ago

TestComplete is getting hanged when i try to spy the microsoft office outlook pop up

TestComplete is getting hanged when i try to spy the microsoft office outlook pop up, and it comes back once i again close the Microsoft OutLook Pop Up.

We are working on project which is built on Progresso environment, we have a scenario were Open Account application ( Progresso) tries to send the mail on behalf of us using the default mail server configured.

Case1: When we are configured with WindowsMail, windowsMail pop up comes up and we have to click on send button to send mail on behalf of and it is working fine.

Case2:When we are configured with Microsoft OutLook, Microsoft OutLook pop up comes and we have to click on allow button to send mail on behalf of but when we spy TestComplete becomes Not Responding and it comes to its normal state when we manually close the Microsoft OutLook pop up.

SmartBear need your support in rersolving this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Sharana

6 Replies

• Hi Sharana

Does this happen for any other Outlook pop up windows. For example if you were sending an email to blank subject you should get a pop up saying "Do you want to send message with subject"

Does TestComplete still freeze. 

Can you tell me the version of TestComplete you are working with and also the version of Outlook

Thanks

Damien

sharana
      New Contributor

Hi Damien

thanks for your quick response,

TestComplete does not freeze when using OutLook pop up which get from Ms OutLook and it is noticed that when i spy it generates the script as below:

Sys.Process("OUTLOOK").Dialog("Microsoft Office Outlook")

But when the pop up comes from the Progresso application test complete gets freezed and i tried to spy for my luck after waiting for an hour once it generated the below script for outlook pop up

Sys.Process("prowin32").Dialog("Microsoft Office Outlook")

We are using Test Complete Version 10.40.2015.7 and OutLook Version : Microsoft OutLook 2007.

Thanks in advance

Sharana Basavaraj

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sharana,

It makes sense to check if * is enabled in MSAA or UI Automation project option. Uncheck this option – it could bring serious performance issues as TestComplete is trying to treat all objects by using one of those technologies.

As a rule, there is no need to work with Outlook windows during the test (of course, if you don’t test Outlook itself). What is your task? Perhaps, we could suggest an alternative solution for you.